Add a tutorial on May 20, 2007. If you are interested in building an AI player, this tutorial is for you. The companion Lua scripts can be downloaded here.
If you are new to the
game, you may want to play with the last version of the script
(boora-0.7.wz) for the following reasons:
- It is not a strong AI player;
- It is less deterministic and, therefore, more fun to play with;
- You can change its strength. (see the script for details)
release: Version 1.0
Version 1.0 released on May 12, 2007. This release
includes the following changes:
are automatically saved at the exit, and
when the application starts. You will get your last settings (not the
hard-coded) when you run the application.
- The call stack, instead of the
line, will be displayed, when something is wrong with a
Lua script, to provide more information for debugging.
- Add two new methods lastmove()
and inboard() to board object. (see User's Manual
- Rename two methods set() and reset()
(see User's Manual
of last move and winning row are blinking, instead of static.
mark are blinking and stayes for just few seconds.
- Tick sound follows each move.
includes two files.
install tick5setup-1.0.exe, if you run Win32 and don't
want to build it from the source code.
Take a look at the two files README and INSTALL included in the
tarball, before you build the source code.
Last update on May 20, 2007